1+6+13+16 | 1+7+18+14 | 1+8+10+17+13+15 | 1+6+5+17+13+15 | 1+6+5+18+14 | 1+8+9+16
2+6+13+16+15 | 2+7+16+14 |2+7+17+13 | 2+7+9+16+13 |2+8+16 | 2+8+17+13
3+6+10+18 |3+7+9+14+17 | 3+8+14+16 | 3+8+15+17
4+6+10+13+17 | 4+6+14+16 | 4+7+9+14+18 | 4+8+13+17
5+1+6+18 | 5+2+6+16 | 5+1+7+13+17 | 5+4+7+18+14 | 11+16+13 | 11+4+13+17 | 11+9+14+16 |
11+10+15+17 | 11+3+18 | 12+9+16 | 12+10+13+17 | 12+4+13+17 | 12+11+16 | 12+9+17
New season means time to rotate the wardrobe. I am currently guilty of having a wardrobe that resembles “clutterville” so it is time to cull right back – and I mean right back! My aim is to have less items as possible that I can mix and match into several different combinations. What I have done above is basically what I plan to have hanging in my wardrobe for everyday. Its an 18 piece capsule which allows me to have over double that number in outfit combinations. There are so many reasons why this works, here are a few:
- takes out the confusion of what to wear each day
- Its fun!
- by having your clothes are hanging in front of you clutter is eliminated which in turn means less wardrobe malfunction days!
- it’s inexpensive & will cut out the need for impulse buys
- each piece is a wardrobe staple and will never date
- you basically have up to 40 outfits using only 18 pieces of clothing
A few tips are to invest in quality pieces that your budget will allow to get even more longevity from your wardrobe. For example, invest in a leather jacket rather than pleather one. If you need more colour, than bring it through accessories such as earrings or scarves rather than a colourful patterned item that will only last a few seasons.
I can’t wait to get started on my wardrobe! xo