Decorating tables is so much fun, and for me it is usually the first thing I think about when I am hosting at home! Christmas is a great opportunity to get creative by beautifying your table with home-made decorations. Ornaments and embellishments are in abundance so its quite easy to put something together effortlessly. I have put together two different settings above, the first has a formal vibe and the second channels a bright, fun & casual look. Both of them would be appropriate for either lunch or dinner and were quick and inexpensive to create. Most of the items used were already lying around the house so it was just a matter of finding that inner artist! Are you hosting Christmas at yours this year? What looks will you be creating for your table? Thanks for reading!
Classic Blue Table
What you will need:
- Candle holders
- Christmas baubles in any colour (red, pink, orange,green etc)
- double sided tape
- Base to hold the centrepeice (I used a round mirror from Wheel and Barrow which cost $12.95)
- Enough pieces of A4 cardboard for each setting ( I used metallic silver for this setting – cheap as chips)
- Napkins and Napkin rings. (rings can be substituted with blue or silver ribbon)
- Tea lights (optional)
How to make the centrepiece:
Tape each bauble to the top of the candle holders. Bunch them together on your base then fill the bottom with ribbon, baubles or anything you fancy! Pretty easy! I scattered some extra baubles and tea lights around the table to fill in the gaps.
Colourful Christmas Table
What you will need:
- Branch from garden
- Spray paint ( I used silver, but you could use gold, green, red etc)
- Christmas Baubles in any colour
- Placemats (or you could use cardboard) and Napkins
- Candy of your choice
How to make centrepeice:
Spray paint your branch in your desired colour and leave to dry. Once it is dry the fun part begins. Carefully tie ribbon and baubles to your branch to create your look and your done! I picked some flowers from the garden to add a bit more colour & I love the idea to use candy at each setting as it is a special treat for each person to when they sit at the table.
All pictures used in this post are my own.