Witchery Knit | Cue Pants last seen here | Converse Sneakers | Ray Ban Sunglasses
This outfit took me back to a time when I only wore black, black, black & black. I am not sure why I went down this road, I just remember one day deciding that I was only going to wear black. I did eventually loosen up to bring colour back into my wardrobe, much to Steve’s delight. Perhaps it was the cold weather this weekend that prompted me to go back to black.
While I was taking a trip down memory lane, I realised that it has been a long time since I shared a little bit about me. It was a few years ago back here so I thought it would be fun to share 20 fresh facts about me now! I was also inspired by one of my favourite Aussie bloggers @whatwouldkarldo who recently shared similar:)
Here we go….
- I have a slightly obsessive personality. For example, if there is a new song that I like then I will play it on repeat for a week or until I can’t listen to it anymore. Similar thing with food. I still can’t eat pad thai for this reason.
- If I pass a speed camera then I will warn oncoming traffic. (sorry any police officers reading this)
- If you invite me out I will most likely be overdressed. I will not apologise for this as I am usually getting around in my tracks or pj’s at home so I like to make a big effort on the odd occasion I go out.
- My hair is currently falling out in clumps. Apparently this is “normal” for women post partum. This is not normal…it sucks. It’s playing havoc with my self confidence.
- On the hair note, I have more grey hairs then I would like to admit.
- Depending on what time I go to bed, I am lucky to get 6 hours of broken sleep each night. If I have a super lucky night, I will have one block of 4 hours 😉 Welcome to parenthood 🙂
- I never have manicures. I much rather do my nails myself. Pedicures, different story.
- Alcohol – in the past 18 months I have only had one glass of champagne. I am thirsty.
- Three things I can’t live without – water, lip balm & tissues
- Re the water – I drink 2.5 – 3 litres a day religiously. I won’t share any as I like to be sure I reach my consumption. It drives Steve nuts. ( starting to think I do have OCD)
- I love trash tv. The Housewives of New York & Beverly Hills are a few favourites. I also watch Million Dollar Listing New York. Frederick is the best.
- I currently eat double my normal daily intake. If I don’t then I am so weak I can’t get out of bed. I put it down to breastfeeding. It has actually made me put on weight. Whoever said it helps you lose baby weight is a liar.
- I am back training (Crossfit) three-four times a week. Its probably more like three but I am trying really hard! Its my therapy so its important to me. (I personally haven’t found it easy to be as motivated after having a baby – cudos to those Mum’s that are)
- I loath any type of “inspirational” posts on social media. They make me cringe.
- I spend way to much time wondering how people grow their Instagram accounts so quickly. (probably because I am secretly jelly!)
- I only have 60 pairs of shoes. Steve made me count them. He thought I had over 100 and asked me to throw a few away. I won.
- I had a breast cancer scare this year. Thankfully it turned out to be a benign cyst but it was up there with the scariest moments of my life.
- Shopping centres are my pet hate. I am much more of an online gal. Or boutique street window shopping.
- The longest I have left Ruby’s side has been three hours. That was to attend an appointment for number 17.
- I prefer Summer over Winter. A warm sunny beach is my favourite place in the whole world.
- I love being a mummy. It has made me so happy inside.
I threw the last one in for good luck!
Thanks for stopping by. Love BG xx
All pics by Steve